The Leave & Benefit Administrator is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs and overseeing all leave of absence activities for the organization. This position will provide outstanding customer service and education to employees with opportunities to positively impact others in critical moments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Field employee benefits requests and work with the company’s benefit broker to resolve issues in a timely matter
• Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Oversee employee benefit data in the company’s HRCM & Benefit Technology platform
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for benefits processes.
• Validate monthly invoices for accuracy and audit benefit enrollments as needed.
• Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
• Survey industry trends and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
• Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package.
• Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
• Identify opportunities to promote wellness and other initiatives that result in increased resources for mental and physical well-being.
Leave of Absence Administration
• Communicate with employees regarding their needs for leave and/or modified work schedules. Ensures that employees are aware of their responsibilities and of any documentation and notice required to qualify for and to take leave.
• Handle the FMLA leave administration process from the employee’s initial notice of the need for leave to the return to work. This includes gathering and completing all required paperwork, determining leave eligibility, designating leave as FMLA-qualifying, requesting medical certification as needed, and accounting for intermittent and reduced schedule leave use.
• Maintain communication with employees on leave to facilitate smooth and timely return to work; relay communication between employees and their managers during leave within reason.
• Advise managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
• Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, workers compensation, or other leave(s).
• Facilitate other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
• Draft and/or recommend revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
• Preserve confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
• Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Principle Duties and Responsibilities
*This position will be located our of our corporate headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana and will require relocation if not local*
Job Required Knowledge & Skills
1. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. 1+ years of Human Resources experience
3. Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; experience with HRIS Systems preferred
4. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
5. Strong analytical skills
6. Knowledge of basic benefits terms, plan structure, and language.
7. Working knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, affecting employee benefit and leave programs
8. Excellent communication and organization skills.
Bachelor's Level Degree in Human Resources or Business