As a member of a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Product Team, the Developer is responsible for designing, building, and testing of software code that supports and enables Lids’ functional business system activities. The Developer produces application programs in accordance with a specified business need, while following the Lids’ IT technical development standards and processes. The Developer is responsible for communicating project status, any technical issues uncovered and their resolution.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of Scrum Master and/or the Development Technical Lead, the Developer is responsible for:
- The planning, design, modification, and development of software programming applications.
- Identification of data sources, providing data flow diagrams and documentation of processes.
- Writing code for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
- Designing, reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming applications and systems including coding, testing and debugging.
- Actively seeking ways to improve business software processes and interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Required Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent amount of experience.
- Familiarity with common database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL).
- Experience with application logging / tracing / performance monitoring and tools.
- Understanding source code management, branching, merge strategy and tools (GIT, Bit Bucket, Azure Repos etc.)
- Demonstrated experience developing, building, deploying and supporting distributed systems and applications in both an on-premise and cloud environment.
- Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or an Agile based development methodology.
- Enterprise ERP system administration experience (SAP/Oracle/Great Plains/Microsoft). Microsoft D365 preferred.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills. Ability to communicate technical solutions to a non-technical workforce.
- Self-starter, capable of working with limited supervision.
- Communicates with Management on status issues and decisions.
- Sitting required for up to 90% of the daily work schedule.
- Viewing a computer screen for up to 90% of the work time.
- Operating a computer keyboard for up to 90% of the work time.
Bachelor's Level Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Sports Centric Atmosphere
- Open Concept Office
- Snack attacks, cold brew coffee on tap, sports on the TVs!
- Casual work environment- Lids is a hat company after all
- Opportunities for Growth
- 40% Associate discount