Intern - Energy Providers - Campus 2023
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit
The Guidehouse Internship Program staffs interns on real world projects, showcases the Guidehouse culture, and provides interns with a meaningful consulting experience. Interns work with teams and provide real-time deliverables in support of Guidehouse clients. Each intern is paired with a Buddy to serve as a resource that can assist them in navigating their Guidehouse experience.
Highlights of the Guidehouse Internship Program include:
- 10-week experience in the Summer of 2023 (Anticipated to start Monday, June 5th and run until Friday, August 11th)
- Learning & Development Sessions (both E-learning & Instructor-Led)
- Performance management, including developing goals and holding Mid-Point and Final Evaluations
- Networking & Social Activities and Events
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Intern Event
- Intern Speaker Series
- Collaborative Group Projects
The Energy Providers practice helps utilities and energy companies stay ahead of the curve as the industry rapidly transitions to one that requires cleaner fuel supply, increased reliability, improved resilience, and more control over energy costs for customers.
As a Guidehouse intern, you will work in a team to create and present client deliverables that support essential project workstreams. You will gather and analyze data, identify gaps and trends, and make recommendations related to baseline performance and structure, as well as established best practices and benchmarks.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Data analysis, technical engineering reviews, economic modeling, and/or primary data collection
- Assessing energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and trends
- Building and technology energy simulation modelling
- Field performance measurement and data collection of building and industrial process energy systems
- Market research, literature reviews, and policy analysis
- Fact-finding, research, and analysis on energy-related activities
- Developing technology strategies for utilities, government, and energy companies
- Communicating solutions and new strategies to clients and stakeholders
- Minimum Years of Experience: 0 years
- Minimum Degree Status Required: Graduating with an undergraduate or advanced degree between Winter 2023 and Summer 2024
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the country
- No sponsorship is available for this position
- Degree/Majors Preferred: Engineering, Data Science, Public Policy, Sustainability, Economics, or a related discipline
- Strong interest in the Energy Industry and/or sustainability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Knowledge of R, Python, SQL, SPSS, or other programming languages
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and independent work style
- Ability to assume ownership of significant portions of tasks while collaborating with a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
A reasonable estimate for this position ranges from 30-40 USD/hr depending upon degree type.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.